Posted by: Maria | 2010-03-31

Creatinine above the range

I am 39 and obese. My recent blood and urine test reveals that my creatinine - urine is 366.46 mg/dL whereas the range is 28 - 217. What does this mean? The microalbumin - urine is also 25.20 mcg/dL and the U A/C is 6.88.
Blood test reveals that haemoglobin is 9.8 g/dL &  iron is 23 UG/DL
What do these findngs imply? &  what should i do?

In light of your obesity, it is possible that you have insulin resistance diabetes/pre-diabetic. It is important that your doctor run tests to exclude diabetes melitis or thyroid abnormality. Your doctor will also have to do a 24 hour creatinine clearance test. This will have to be done in light of your raised creatinine, to exclude early renal failure.