Question
Posted by: RAYMOND | 2011/02/01

CREATINE

HI,
I`m taking creatine in the evening just before training (approx 20:00 pm) i train for approx 1 hr. i drink about 2 litres of water during the day but try not drink too much after 19:00 pm. is this gonna have a adverse effect on my liver and kidneys?

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Raymond,

Creatine taken in the correct doses over the correct time periods should not result in liver and kidney problems. However, if there is an existing kidney problem, creatine may cause renal dysfunction. All studies on creatine supplementation have been done in people 18 years and older which means the safety of creatine supplementation in yonger people is unknown and not recommended.