Question
Posted by: Kimmy | 2012/04/22

Cream

Hi what can I use in my soups as alt to dairy cream. It has to be a dairy free alternative that still gives same texture and taste to soup as adding cream does, thanks.

Dear Kimmy
You don't mention why you need to avoid dairy cream (dairy allergy? need to lose weight? need to reduce fat intake?, etc). If you are trying to avoid dairy products then you could try using soy milk instead, but you will have to experiment because soy may impart a flavour of its own. If you don't need to avoid dairy, you can consider using fat-free plain yoghurt instead of cream.

1

Dear Kimmy