Question
Posted by: Brett | 2011/02/18

Creaking Knee

I was hoping you could direct me in the right direction - I am almost 31, and for the last couple of years my one knee creaks terrible (as if I was 80) - its quite audible, and creaks easily - i.e. when walking up and down a flight of stairs I can quite easily hear it - its not intermittent, its always there.

If I put my hand on my knee I can also feel it - although there is no discomfort doing day to day tasks.

Although, when I do things such as squats at the gym, I need to use knee wraps - otherwise it does pain a small bit.

Not sure what doctor is the right one to have a look at it - I am a bit worried it might pop out or something with heavy weights on my back.

I would prefer a non-op. approach :)

Brett

Brett

It is essential that you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for the correct diagnosis and treatment.

1
Posted by: Brett | 2011/02/18

Before I forget, no accidents that damaged the knee... and its only my one knee.

Reply to Brett