Question
Posted by: Candice | 2010/05/25

Crazy people driving me nuts

yesterday I got a call from a cousin. She wanted to ask me why I wasn''t friendly to her mum when she had called on Sunday and her mum feels I just brushed her off and I wasn''t intersted in her telling me she had the flu. Her mum also asked me how I am - two months after I had major surgery. I told her that it has been 2 months and I am fine now. Apparently this was so rude of me.

I had a terrible weekend. My hubby passed out on Saturday and a trip to the hospital revealed that he has an abnormal ECG reading and has a heart murmur. I spent the week last week with a sick child.

I was so exhausted on Sunday after my tiring week and spending the whole night at hospital. I certainly had no time to listen to someone tell me about the flu, when I have just recovered from major surgery, had a sick child and hubby.

My cousin went on to tell me she knows I have no feelings and don''t care about other people''s feelings and I just say what I feel. I told her I say it as it is, with no frill, no lies, no beating around the bush or hints. i have always been fortright and if people have a problem with the truth, then tough.

Doc, how do I deal with people like this? I am so tired of being taken advantage off by family.

Amazing,, isn;t it ? She took 2 months to think of you having major surgery, and then thought of it only when she wanted you to pour sympathy on her for having the flu ! Obviously the woman is immensely self-absorbed - and she, like her silly daughter, considers everyone else has as a primary function in life, to worry about their slightest ailment.
How do you deal with such people ? Ignore them, and have as little to do with them as possible. Of course they will complain, but they will do that anyway, however much you try to do for them won't be enough. Let them wallow in self-pity on their own

4
Posted by: james | 2010/05/27

I feel like advising you to give such people the finger but i know that would not help......ag just give them the finger anyway

Reply to james
Posted by: james | 2010/05/27

Reply to james
Posted by: Been there | 2010/05/26

Well I have been in your shoes, My solution to all of these issues was staying away from the crazy family members...I have not seen them for years and I could not be more happier

Reply to Been there