Posted by: Kelly | 2009-07-08

Crazy Father

My father is nuts, he is currently 45 and is slowly losing it.
He hasn' t been working for about 5 yrs now, this is because of illness or whatever it is he has.

He cannot stand pressure, simple things, decisions.
He just totally loses his mind.
For eg. Brother and sister are fighting , brother is clearly wrong in what he done. no my father loses it, threatens to kill himself , he cant take this sh#t no more ...
There was nothing to it really but he blew his top.

He cannot tell right from wrong.
Oh another eg. this morning he was looking for a brush, its dark in the room so he trying to find the switch and just at that moment I' m walking by and I see this look on his face as he stars hitting the wall with his fists, his face looking like a craze person(twisted &  all) , I just walked on out to go to work.
Then I hear him throwing things against the wall, cursing.

He has always had this but its getting worse as he gets older and now it seems to happen everyday.All the men in his family are like this and do not work.He curses like really ugly when he wants to scare ppl.

He scold my sister because she asked him why we have to have a thousand gates locked doors locked (and there are a couple of locks on each door.Just to go outside we have to unlock 5 locks, all different keys.When a bunch gets missing we cant get out lol! Then he goes crazy but he is the one that keeps it and loses it.

My mom has told him there something wrong with him he must go see someone but he dsnt want to and says we the crazy ones.My brother(who has similar behavior at 12) is also seeing a education psychologist and some of these things came out and she referred him to someone to speak to but he through this Dr.s contact number away because he somehow thinks my mom asked her to refer him.

Is there any way to get this man professional help if he dsnt want to go?

Well, it's hard to figure out what's going on from a distance, especially as you don't seem to even know whether or not he has some illness which stopped him from working. Then you say ALL the men in his family are like this, easy to anger and not working, which is really curious. If your young brother was similar, contact the doc who saw him to ask what the problem was, as some problems run in families.
he sounds as though he may be depressed or anxious or both, and can't take the extra stress of squabbling kids.
All the locks may be a snsible security precaution, or maybe he overdoes it a bit. Suggest he gets duplicates made of the important keys, for someone else, like your mother, to keep for him, in case one gets lost.
one can just trynto persuade him to get professional assessment and help. Compulsory assessment and treatment is only available when someone is seriously considered a danger to himself and/or others, and that would need to be discussed with your doctor.