Question
Posted by: Breaking out really bad | 2010-04-16

Crazy

I am in trouble. I have always behaved well but these days its like there is an evil twin telling me to do all sorts of uncharacteristic things. I am drinking in secret, turning into a slob, planning to get a tatto, engaging in destrcutive relationships, surfing unsavoury sights on the net, dont care what happens to my career or studies etc.I do not understand what is going on. I go from feeling empty to utter dispair to happy in a matter of minutes. I think about death and ending it all often. I am in trouble from my self and not sure how to stop it. I am a woman in my mid-thirties. Can one experience late adolescent behavoir? As I have never been wild in my youth

Now, though you describe this as though it is something happening to you, you are actually in charge, and can choose NOT to do these slobby things. Sometimes folks who were awfully good in their younger years break out in some sleazier conduct later on, but usually come to regret it, so you are wise to recognize this potential as worth avoiding, ( and avoid the tattoo - in decades, I have never seen anyone who was genuinely enhanced by a tattoo or body piercing, or who did not ultimately come to regret it. And ridding yourself of it is expensive and not pleasant ).
Overall, surely you deserve to see a good local psychologist for a full assessment and therapy to help you sort out, in your own mind, what sort of person you will be happiest being, and to find a pleasant and sustainable mode of life ?

1