Question
Posted by: trying | 2011-12-09

cravings

i''ve started on a diet plan &  had my breakfast &  a snack but still have cravings.How can I overcome this?

Dear Trying
If you suffer from cravings when you are on a slimming diet, it usually indicates two things: a) The diet is too low in energy. Any slimming diet that provides less than 6300 kJ (1500 kcal) per day will make you feel hungry and cause cravings. b) The diet does not contain sufficient low glycaemic index (GI) carbohydrates. If your diet only consists of proteins and a few vegetables, your body will demand carbs as fuel and you can develop cravings. So check the energy content of your diet and if it is too low, add some additional foods such as low-fat or fat-free yoghurt, fruit and Provitas to boost your energy intake. If your diet avoids also carbohydrates then you may have to change over to a low-fat, low-GI diet which will keep you feeling full for longer because it keeps your insulin and glucose levels stable. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI.
I hope you can adjust your diet in such a way that you will be able to stick to it and lose weight.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-12-11

Dear Trying