Question
Posted by: peb | 2009/09/16

Cravings

I' ve been having sugar cravings the past few days, i' ve been eating sweet things, i' ve been drinking sweet tea, im about to go crazy, im wondering if something is wrong with me and oh my mother and her aunts are diabetic, could i have it too?
Please help

Dear Peb
Try avoiding sugar and eating more high fibre low GI type foods. If you eat high sugar foods it can cause insulin spikes that will increase sugar cravings. If you have a family history of diabetes I think it will be good to ask your doctor to check your fasting bloodsugar and fasting insulin