Posted by: dd | 2008-12-08

Hi there,

I need help desperately. I am bioplor and I am on Seriquel, Lamictin and Agropax (Not to sure if the spelling for those are correct). Well these all make me crave food... What can I do to stop the cravings or in replace carb foods because that whay it makes me crave.

Dear DD
The problem with many of these psychotropic medications is that they may increase your appetite, but in some patients the same medications cause a decrease in appetite and weightloss. Depression as such can also cause massive weightloss or weight gain depending on the individual reaction of the patient. Eating carbs will not cause weight gain if you do not combine the carbs with large helpings of fat. As I advised Frustrated just now, please consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), because she/he will be able to assist you with a diet that should counteract the carb cravings and help you to lose some weight. Exercise is also essential to help the weightloss and improve your mood.
Hang in there