Posted by: Sugar Girl | 2009-03-27

craving white sugar

What could be the possible causes of craving white raw sugar? a day is not a day without a spoonful of sugar. This thing is worrying me. please advice

Dear Sugar Girl
Sugar cravings are usually an indication that your diet does not contain sufficient energy and/or carbohydrates. If you do eat sufficient carbs (at least a serving at each meal of foods such as porridge, breakfast cereal, fruit, bread, potatoes, sweet potatoes, pasta, rice, etc) then I would also recommend that you ask your gp to arrange for a so-called glucose tolerance test to determine your blood sugar and insulin levels to rule out hypoglycaemia or diabetes.