Posted by: emily | 2009-07-03

craving to eat cakes everyday

I just developed this habit of eating scone in the morning, eating chelsi bun or any cake after knocking off at work. on my lunch times, i eat differently.

I think all this has been increasing my weight, because i can see my tummy is getting out of shape. Please tell me is there a simple way to loose weight, and stop craving for cakes.

Dear Emily
While it is perfectly acceptable to eat some cake at special occasions, it is not a good idea to eat cake every day and esp not 3 times a day! This will increase your weight and also prevent you from eating healthier foods. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating a balanced, energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). This diet provides enough carbohydrates that you should not develop cravings for cakes. Make sure that you also do the exercise of your choice for 30 min a day. In addition, start doing sit-ups which are excellent for tightening the tummy muscles. Start off slowly with about 5 sit-ups and then increase the number you do as you get fitter and stronger.