Posted by: C | 2012-04-12

Cramps on tummy

Dear Doc
I have been experience a lot of abdominal pain, bloating and nausea. I saw my GP not so long ago, and he gave me a whole lot for pills, he diagnosed it as spastic colon or irritable bowl syndrome . As soon as I stopped the medication/ when it finished, the pain was back almost instantly. It does not matter what I eat, I immediately have cramps and an urgent need to relieve myself and extremely bloated. The past two nights I was curled up on my bed because of the cramps. I know I should probably go back to my doc, but before I go I would just like to get your opinion of my symptoms.
Thanking you in advance

A spastic colon is a diagnosis made after excluding all other possibilities. I suggest that you reconsult your doctor for further tests and a repeat of the prescription. A spastic colon is a chronic condition that can be controlled by the daily use of medication. Please refer to the following link for detailed information: