Question
Posted by: AP | 2012/10/17

Cramps, nausea

My son is having stomach cramps, nausea and headaches since yesterday. He does not have a runny stomach nor does he throw up. He does not have a fever either. He is 13. I gave him anti-nausea meds and meds for the cramps. What can it be?

It is possible that he is suffering from a viral infection and that it will be self limiting over the next week. His headaches do however, concern me. I therefore, suggest that you consult a doctor as soon as possible. Nausea and headaches are symptoms of meningitis. Neck stiffness is another symptom of meningitis but only in 30% of individuals.