Question
Posted by: lee | 2009-06-24

Cramps in legs and feet

What is the cause for cramps in your calf muscles and feet, and how do you treat it, I get them mainly at night, sometimes when I' m driving.

Hi lee
Often due to overexertion ( like walking in high heels the whole day) but can also be due to low potassium, calcium or magnesium. Try stretching before you go to bed, and take Calcium and magnesium supplements. For potassium, rather eat a banana daily (you can overdose with potassium supplements and this could be dangerous and detrimental to your heart - should not be taken without checking blood tests regularly)