Question
Posted by: Shelby | 2009/12/07

Cramps in Legs

Hi Doctor,

I don' t know if I am in the right forum. I am breastfeeding my second child and have bad cramps in my legs. My calcium supplement ran out and I wonder if the cramps are not because of that. During the pregnancy I also had cramps. I try to swim twice a week, but feel worse afterwards and struggle to walk. It is as if my hip and knee joints also ache. Could it be lack of calcium because of the breastfeeding? Or can it be an after affect of the spinal anaesthetic?

Thank you.

Cramps would not be related to the spinal anaesthetic. Most of the time the cause is not known, but take your calcium supplement again and see if this helps.

1