Posted by: sadie-ann | 2010-10-08

In the last two weeks I have experienced bad cramping in my calf muscles at night - they wake me up - and the next day my calves are extremely sore. I dont add salt to food or on food - I am on a quarter Dormonoct at night. I also take 4 X 50g Vit B6 and 2 evening primrose oil in the morning. (No other tablets) Was on an Anti-depressant for 8 months (after getting Post-op Traumatic stress after a arm op in Nov 2009) I am 51 yrs old. There is DVT in our family, with my father dying at 52, my brother has DVT so has his 2 sons. I have had tests done and the dr''s are happy with my state of health. I do walk and stand quite abit but have never had cramps this severe and this often. What to do?

Please re-consult your doctor for blood tests and supplement your diet with micro-elements like Magnesium, Zinc and Potassium (Bananas are a great source of Potassium). These products are available at pharmacies and health shops.