Posted by: Joy | 2009-09-29

I' m 3 tio 5 weeks pregnant and last night I had cramps that felt like period pains. I' ve only ever had period pains once so am a bit scared that something is wrong with the baby. Please confirm if it is normal to get cramps at this stage, or any stage in pregnancy.

It is normal to have mild cramps in early pregnancy.

Posted by: jenny | 2009-09-29

Hey. The cramps you are experiencing is called Braxten higgs contractions. It is normal during pregnancy but if you experience any blleeding with that cramping you should consult your doctor. Good Luck with your pregnancy

Reply to jenny
Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-29

Joy, Im 18 weeks, and still get the pain from time to time, I think its normal.m Good luck