Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2009/06/22

Cramps

After struggling to fall pregnant due to a decade on the Pill, I' m finally pregnant (9-10w)! I only found out 2 weeks ago when the nausea hit me (have always been struggling with bloatedness, light-headedness from low blood pressure and late periods). My 1st appointment with my gyni is only in 2 weeks, and I' m concerned about having cramps. Some feel menstrual, others are just short sharp pains, and none last longer than a minute. I know there is a lot of changes in my tummy and space needs to be made for the baby etc, but is this normal, and when wil it go better?

Mild cramps are normal in early pregnancy. They do tend to improve after 12 weeks.