Question
Posted by: DEE | 2009-02-16

cramping eyelid?

Hi There
I wonder if you can help me identify the reason for my problem.
I seem to have recently developed a strange feeling in my lower left eyelid. Its really wierd. From time to time it can feel it flickering or cramping. I had a look in the mirror while it was happening to see if it visiblly flickers or twitches and it does. It lasts for about 2 or 3 seconds at a time but quite often in the day and not while I am sleeping. Its never happened before. I am a 34 year old female.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hallo Dee
This can be caused by overexertion of the small muscles around the eyes. Try treating it with a warm facecloth on the area and take a muscle relaxant like Robaxin or Norflex for a day or 2 if it is really persistant and irritating (you can 't use this when pregnant) - it may make you sleepy and give you a dry mouth as side effects.

2
Posted by: cynthia | 2016-02-22

Mine don't twitch I get like a charlie horse like a cramp and I can't off of my eyelid anybody know what that is from

Reply to cynthia
Posted by: ruby | 2009-02-16

i have had the exact problem over the last 6 weeks or so. i have a top left eyelid that is flickering about 6 -10 times a day and this is very embarrasing especially when one has to see clients and it feels so obvious to me and they can see it as well...so it becomes a talking point.... please let me know the outcome.
regards... i am 46 yrs and female.

Reply to ruby