Posted by: Ruby | 2008-11-26

Cramping early pregnancy

Hello Dr Bets,
Just wanted to know, I just did a home pregnancy test and its positive!!!! I am very excited!!! I have a bit of cramping, is that normal? Like very light period cramps (no blood)... Also what should I do next to confirm that I am pregnant and healthy? I am feeling great otherwise :-) Thanks very much doctor :-) Ruby

Hi Ruby
Congratulations - great news! You have to make an appointment with your GP - he needs to do a few blood tests, check your urine and bloodpressure, and prescribe vitamins and supplements for you. Then you need to make an appointment at a gyne for a follow up examination as one usually waits a few weeks to get in. You need to tell the gyne about your health history so that they know what possible problems to look out for. See also