Question
Posted by: Lal | 2011/08/12

Cramping and Spotting @ 5wks

5wks &  4days (bHCG Positive 05/08/11) - 2 days ago the nipple tenderness dissappeared and I started with lower abdominal discomfort. Today I have started with brown spotting and so far one small brown tissue/clot. Is this a sure sign of heading into miscarriage? I have no other pregnancy signs i.e. morning sickness etc. Your honest thoughts, advice and guidance would be very much appreciated.

This sounds like a threatened miscarriage. 80% of these will settle and proceed normally, the rest will unfortunately miscarry.

5
Posted by: Lal | 2011/08/16

Thanks a mill for the feedback and encouragement. Unfortunately I was admitted into Hospital at 1am on Monday morning doubled over in pain with nausea and haemorrhaging.. The EU Dr suspected Ectopic pregnancy. Sonar showed sac had collapsed and due to the haemorrhaging and onset of infection, I was taken into Surgery for evacuation on Tuesday.

Reply to Lal

Rather go to your doctor maybe somethings wrong and they can stop it before you miscarry. Good luck and I hope all ends well.

Posted by: topaz_sa | 2011/08/12

I had a " period"  with both my pregnancies, it started with brown blood and changed to more red. They call it implantation bleeding.

I hope that''s only the case for you, good luck

Reply to topaz_sa
Posted by: Lal | 2011/08/12

Guess I''m heading into m/c - started bright red bleed now!!!

Reply to Lal