Posted by: LNY | 2009-03-31

Cramping after IUI

Hi Doc,

I had IUI on Saturday. I felt a little sore after the procedure. I have had a dull period like pain since Staurday night. Should I be feeling like this? My breasts are also feeling tender. Does the Ovidrel injection do this to you? Also how soon after the Ovidrel injection would one ovulate?

Thank you!!!

Dear LNY

It is not unusual to have some cramps after an IUI procedure however if these cramps or pain persists or worsen then I suggest you see your gynaecologist to ascertain if there aren’t any problems. Ovidril can have an effect on the breast and that also with time should settle. One will generally ovulate 36 hours after Ovidril is given.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo