Question
Posted by: Lindokuhle | 2010-03-05

Cramping

i''m on a 21 days cycle and my last menses were 17 Feb 10. Since then i have having sex everyday and on 3rd/03/10 i had a terrible cramping with no bleding and it lasteted about 4 hours wth intervals inbetween. was that sign of implatation and when can i test for pregnancy.

Dear Lindokuhle

If your are registering your menstrual cycle from first day bleeding to the first day of next bleed then a 21-day cycle is clearly abnormal. However if you are excluding the bleeding days then the likelihood of implantation should be considered and a pregnancy test should be positive within a week of the cramping incidence. However this must be a blood pregnancy test and not a home urine pregnancy test.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-03-11

Dear Lindokuhle

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: P | 2010-03-05

You can do a pregnancy test 2 weeks from 17 Feb. So you can test now.

Reply to P