Posted by: XXX | 2009-09-08

I used to cycle in road events every single week end but got cramp around the 80-90 km mark every time.I tried taking magnesium,cramp stop etc etc but nothing ever worked.
After a few back ops I m back in the saddle again and have been cycling for about 8 months again.It has been a slow process getting fit again but I' m getting there.However,I am starting to cramp again- I have not even got to the 90km level yet ! I' m doing mountain biking and start cramping from the 30-40 km mark.
I am desperate,what can I do to stop this? Can it be the Lipitor that I take (a possible side effect).

Hallo XXX
Cramping can be due to overexertion of a muscle, or Calcium or Magnesium shortage or even due to reduced blood flow to the muscle. Let your doctor check your electrolytes in the blood with a bloodtest and feel the pulses in the leg to see if there are any problems. Also warm up properly and stretch before and after exercising.
Lipitor can cause muscle pains.