Posted by: Ldk | 2009-06-02

I am a 32 female and lately have been experiencing cramps in my calves in the middle of the night. I wake up in pain and can only sleep after the cramp has subsided. Any idea what could be causing this?

Dear Ldk
It can be due to overexertion of the muscles ( like walking in high heels the whole day) or low calcium levels. Try stretching the calf muscles before going to bed and taking some calcium supplements.

Posted by: DW | 2009-06-03

Funny, same thing happened to me. (29yr old male). I eventually went to a doctor, got given calcium tablets and magnesium pills. A blood test was also done. After the reuslts from the blood test came back, it was discovered that I was not drinking enough water. Wierd.

Reply to DW