Question
Posted by: Andrew | 2009/01/26

cramp at waist

Hi There,
Please advise what could be causing a mild cramp that started yesterday, just where a belt buckle would go. There' s no lump but if I press I can feel it.
I have had a bowel movement but small quantity without pain. Urinating seems normal and painless. I can' t tell if it could be bladder or intestine related.
THank you Doctor.

Hi Andrew
An inflamed appendix sometimes start with mild cramping in the middle of the stomach that spreads to the right side after a while - if you feel feverish and the pain increases, rather see your doctor. Peptic ulcer or gastritis pain is usually burning and between the navel and the breastbone area