Question
Posted by: MLS | 2008/10/10

cracks corner of mouth

This winter I have been plagued by painful cracks at the corners of my mouth which take about 1 week - 10 days to heal, but then recur a few weeks later. I don' t think that they are due to cold sores because there is no tingling sensation and no blistering. Is is possible that my system is run down and that I would benefit from taking a vitamin supplement? I have not used any medication to treat the cracks. I am a 50 yr old female.

Dear MLS

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that you have a yeast infection that is causing these cracks. I recommend that you use Daktarin oral gel, three times daily, for at least 7 days.

A vitamin supplement is always advisable and you can use Centrum Multi-vitamins.

Kind regards