Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2009-10-26

crackling knees

I am 42, and my knees are giving me hell, walking is fine but when I go up stairs my knee makes a crackling sound... crackling comes from the back of the knee. I have been taking voltaren tablets that seem to help for a while. I do know that I can not keep taking medication indefinetly... Any Advice?

Hallo Michelle
You may need to see an orthopedic specialist. Your GP can do the basic tests like the physical exam and the basic x/rays but a MRI or sonar of the knee joint may be needed too. If there are debris in the joint they may do an arthroscopy to clean out the joint under anaesthetic.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-10-26

Hallo Michelle
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-10-26

Hallo Michelle
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc