Posted by: Willem Burger | 2011-09-08

Cracking sound in ear

I have been to an ear, nose and throat specialist and according to him is my sinus area swollen and thus is it blocking some ear canal resulting in the cracking sound in my ear, similar feeling as when you go up a mountain and your ears close. I have been on some medication but it did not work, what is the cause of this and how can it be treated?

The sinusitis causes congestion of the sinusses and thus the pressure difference between the inner and outer ear. As the pressure difference fluctuates, it will cause a cracking sound in your ear. To resolve the problem, the congestion in the sinusses will have to be alleviated. Reconsult your ENT specialist for a possible course of antibiotics.