Question
Posted by: deedee | 2008/06/23

cracked tongue

My 17 year old daughter has quite deep cracks on the sides of her tongue, sometimes they are worse than others. It is unsightly but doesn't seem to cause her any pain. What is the cause of this and how can it be treated. Is it anything to do with her diet.

Dear Deedee
Deep cracks in the tongue can be caused by a wide variety of conditions (e.g. glossitis, Candida infections, dermatological conditions, etc), and in some cases by a vitamin B deficiency. I would recommend that your daughter should consult a Dermatologist so that her condition can be diagnosed and she can obtain the appropriate treatment. If this conditions is due to a vitamin B deficiency, then the dr will prescribed vitamin B complex as the B vitamins work best when used together.

1
Posted by: beattie | 2008/10/14

I have a cracked and rather red tongue, which feels warm in my mouth

Reply to beattie