Question
Posted by: anon | 2009/02/16

cracked heels

please advise as to what can i use for cracked heels, i have tried heelbalms but it helps for a while and it start cracking again
thank you

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Anon

Cracked heels are especially common in summer. Wearing open shoes causes the skin on the heels to lose moisture, the skin then cracks rather than bends with the foot when your walking. See a podiatrist to have hard skin removed and the cracks treated. Try to wear closed shoes and socks and use a good heel cream every day.
Chris

3
Posted by: pam | 2009/03/15

The name of the ointment is EUCERIN DRY SKIN INTENSIVE FOOT CREAM WITH 1O% U R E A

Reply to pam
Posted by: Pam | 2009/03/06

Ill let u know tomorrow - the best cream ever, with a specific ingredient, R100 at chemist. (Recomended by a podiatrist)

Reply to Pam
Posted by: Sambok | 2009/02/18

My heels were cracked and sometimes bled. Tried every remedy you can think of. Got a tip from a good friend. Good old Sambok salf (green stuff). I applied it every night after I had a bath. Rub it in well and put on some old socks to sleep with. After three applications there were NO trace of a crack!
Good luck.

Reply to Sambok