Question
Posted by: Aims | 2011-08-31

Cracked heals

I don''t know if this is the correct forum, however I''ve tried almost every cream on the market for my cracked heals, I''m now 36. I''m so shy to wear sandals and summer is coming on! Is there any cream you can advice on? I''m currently using Healing Balm without any results (using for more then a month)

Aims

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Aims, thank you for the question.

Cracked heels (hyperkeratosis of the heels) is a fairly common condition and the exact cause is not known but may be associated with faulty walking technique, ill fitting shoes, or direct pressure. Treatment includes mechanical filing of the thicker skin and using topical ointments that contain the following ingredients: ammonium lactate, salicylic acid (12%), and/or glycolic acid (10% with hydrophilic base). Your best option would be to consult a dermatologist so that a single or a combination treatment approach can be prescribed.