Posted by: Sharon Theron | 2012-10-10

cracked feet

I am 47, and all my life I have had cracked feet, my Mom had the same, the feet even bleed it gets so bad nothing helps. they burn and get rashes on them as well. Desperate now

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Dear Sharon, thank you for your e-mail. Cracked heels could be caused by excessive dry skin or very moist skin(sweaty feet or spending alot of time in the water), wearing open sandals or certain skin types are just more prone to cracked heels which could be the cause of your problem. You will need to consult with a podiatrist on a regular basis to reduce the hard skin, use a foot cream containing urea daily and wear closed shoes when your heels are cracked. For your nearest podiatrist contact PASA (podiatry association of South Africa) 0861 100 249

Posted by: Leila | 2012-11-25

Try putting shea butter on every day and night and see if it helps.

Reply to Leila