Question
Posted by: Mi | 2008-11-07

Crack heals

Do you have a cure for me for crack heals. My heals only looks like this in the summer and sometimes its very painfull.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Mi

Our feet lose a lot of moisture all the time, even worse during the sumer when it is hotter and we wear open shoes. It is important to massage a good moisturising cream deep into the heels every day. Dry skin can be removed with a pumice stone or similar device. Do not use something with a blade. This is a major cause of injury to heels. Good creams should contain urea which will help to keep the skin healthy.

If the heels are really bad, visit a podiatrist to get the worse cracks treated. They should then give you advice on maintaining them.

Chris