Posted by: Anon. | 2011-04-20

CPAP Mask.

I have been using a resmed sleep CPAP full face mask for about 8 months now. What does AHI mean on the window of the previous nights readings?. Also I hate wearing it but realise that it is dangerous not to wear it as prescribed.The problem is some nights when I wake up there is aan awful noise of the air escaping and it is difficult to stop it,
unless I tighten the straps until they are unbearable and its so uncomfortable then .Is there a solution to this? .Also is it possible to rather wear a nasal mask instead of a full mask It''s so heavy..Thank you in advance..

Expert ImageSleep Expert

AHI is the number of apnoeas per hour you are having. A full face mask is only necessary if you are a mouth-breather. The tightness means that the pressures are very high. There are various ways to deal with this, but you will have to discuss it with the doctor who is treating you, because he will know your particular requirements.