Question
Posted by: OPERATION | 2011/02/02

CPAP MASK

i HAVE HAD TO WEAR THE CPAP MASK AND I REALLY HATE IT IT IS HEAVY ON MY FACE AND REACHES FROM MY CHIN TO THE TOP OF MY FOREHEAD. IT IS A STATE OF THE ART ONE AND COSTS A LOT .I STILL WAKE UP TIRED ANYWAY AND OFTEN IN THE NIGHT TOO THEN I TAKE IT OFF .I FEEL AS IF I AM BEING SUFFOCATED WITH IT ON AND WISH IT WAS NOT SO HEAVY IT COVERS MY MOUTH AND NOSE .I ALSO FEEL CLAUSTROPHOBIC WITH IT ON. I HAVE TO WEAR IT HOWEVER SO I AM DILIGENT IN DOING THAT BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF I LOSE ENOUGH WEIGHT CAN I STOP WEARING IT OR IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE THAT OP (THE ONE FOR THE THROAT) INSTEAD .IS IT AN EXPENSIVE OP PLEASE TELL US MORE ABOUT IT IN AN ARTICLE .THANK YOU .

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Weight loss may well cure your problem. The operation you are talking about is unsuccessful in most cases, and will probably not help you.

It sounds like you need to get back to whoever has been treating you to work out a solution for your problem. The most expensive CPAP machines are not always the best in any one particular situation. It certainly sounds as though it is not doing what it was meant to do - you should not be tired if you are using it properly, and if the settings on the machine are correct for you.

3
Posted by: Alica | 2011/03/01

I also sleep with a CPAP mask but the one I use is from Resmed and it only has two small nasal pillows which fit into each nostril. Contact Carla on 082 369 5939. She is fantastic.

Reply to Alica
Posted by: Shan Lalloo | 2011/02/13

You could try doing an x-ray on your neck to check if your thyriod is not enlarged,as well as a thyroid function test.

Reply to Shan Lalloo
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011/02/03

Reply to Sleep expert