Posted by: Jenny | 2010-03-24

Coxsakie Virus Diagnosed

Hi Doc - posted a couple of days ago about my son - he has now officially been diagnosed with the above Coxsakie Virus. ( I believe its something like Yuppie flu?) will this effect him later in his life - re-occurence? He is much better since last week and takes no medication since his release from the hospital and his appetite is slowly returning. Can I give him an over the counter vitamin perhaps and if so which one is best for him?

Thank you for your time...

Yes, you can give him over the counter vitamins, like Centrum Multi-vitamins, Vitamin C 500mg (once daily), as well as Selenium and Zinc supplementation.

It is possible that he will experience lethargia due to the Coxsackie virus at a later stage of his life but the percentage of people who experience this, is very low.