Posted by: Miles | 2012-08-22

Coxsackie (hand-foot-and-mouth)

I have recently contracted hand-foot-and-mouth disease through, according to my doctor, having the coxsackie virus. The pestering blister-like spots were only on my hands, feet and around the mouth. Now they appear to be in my groin area and even on my penis. Should this be any reason for concern? How long can expect to have these spots and is there anything I can do about it?

Yes, the rash can spread to the rest of the body, especially the groin. It is a viral infection and it will run its course. You can apply calomine lotion. Consult your doctor if you are experiencing a high fever, headaches and stiffness of the neck. These are signs of meningitis, which is a complication of the coxsackie virus.