Question
Posted by: LK | 2009/09/22

Coxsackie B

Around 8 months ago I was diagnosed with 3 strains of coxsackie B. My doctor did what could be done for the pain but my energy levels are still very eratic, I still get mouth ulcers and I have painful hips and knees (feels almost like ' growing pains' ). Is this ' normal'  and if so how long does it last?

Dear LK
Some people have this for years, others recuperate quicker. You can try taking a good multivitamin and a low dose of antidepressant like Trepilene ( not for depression but it helps with abnormal pain sensations as well as improving sleep, which helps your body to make more serotonin) Moderate exercise like walking 30 mins per day is also useful. See http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibromyalgia/DS00079