Posted by: T | 2008-11-18

Cows milk &  vitamins

My baby is 7 and n half months old.
She is on NAN and drinks about 800ml p/day.
She has cereal for breakfast, yogart in between, fruit for lunch and supper (home made food).
When can i put her on cows milk?
Does she need any extra vitamins?

Please post to the paediatrician.

Posted by: Jen | 2008-11-18

Cows milk can be started from 8-9 months. It must be diluted initially 2:1 e.g. 100mls milk : 50mls boiled water. But I started my baby on milk just after her first birthday, so you also dont have to boil the milk then either (due to the protein). You must also make sure it is full cream milk, but I use 1st growth (parmalat) for 1-3 yrs old, it is sweeter and she loves it.

You can start vitamins when you introduce solids, Vidaylin plus iron is good.

Hope that helps, have a great day!

Reply to Jen