Posted by: Maria | 2009-02-26

Cow' s milk vs Soy milk

We' re reading more and more about the damage bovines do to the environment. I' m not sure soy is that great either. So if you want to drink " milk" , which one has the lease environmental impact?

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

I'm in the anti-cow-milk camp on this, because the negative environmental impact of cattle is undeniable, and there are other issues involved such as associated animal cruelty. But of course soy takes a fair bit of processing to get to the point that it resembles milk too...

And then there is the nutrition aspect: I'll see what DietDoc has to say about that.

I'm going to have to look into this further before I can give you a more detailed answer. Watch this space and please keep me posted on any ideas or info on the topic.

I also have to give the fact that I drink cow's milk, but not soy, some thought in terms of how it weakens my argument...