Question
Posted by: Court order | 2011/04/11

Court order - now what?

I obtained a court order instructing my ex and I to go for rmediation to draft aparenting plan to be registered with OFA. She ha sknown about oit for 2 weeks, and I have sent a copy of it to her attorney, and also in my letter gave them 10 days to respond to order. What if they dont? DO I go back to Chidlrens Court and ask for investigation, or ask for a charge of contempt of court, or non-compliance ?

How long do I wait before I take the matter further? I''ve done it all so far without an attorney as I canrt afford one, so if I go back to cvourt with a complaint of non-compliance, would I be able to apply for a cost order so I can get myself an attorney?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Once the 10 days lapsed, go back to court. Ultimately the court will implement a Parenting Plan. Best would be to contact the Legal Aid board to assist you financially and to act on your behalf.

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Cape Town
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter.com/edivorce
Facebook: www.facebook.com/divorceattorneys

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2011/04/17

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Cape Town
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter.com/edivorce

Reply to family law expert