Question
Posted by: Kate | 2012/05/14

Court case

Last year in June. We had an invasion where 4 men entered out home. Beat up my Father, Mother, Husband and myself. They held us hostage for 6 hours where they raped me. My husband had to drive the men into Jhb central where he jumped out the car while in motion and signaled the police. Unfortunately the Police only caught 3 of the 4 men. I have nightmares every night as does my 20 month old little girl. The court case is coming up at the end of the month and I don''t know how to prepare myself. Any advice?

DO ask the police and prosecutors what victim assistance programs they may have to help you, especially to get through the trial - they're supposed to provide such help, but we all know the police and court services are often deplorable. But you may be lucky and should make use of any help that's available there.
Then it would be useful to see a psychologist for assessment and counselling of you, your husband and parents. The child of 20 months is probably not having nightmares due directly to the awful events, but as a reaction to how upset her mother, so understandably, is.
Any up-to-date pychologist using modern methods like CBT, should be able to help and within a relatively short period of time. There is no national listing of good shrinks, but a group like FAMSA may be able to recommend some good counsellors accessable to you

2
Posted by: Me too | 2012/05/14

This is just horrible !!!
My son''s friend was shot in the head this weekend and died in front of him... for no reason at all.
I know how you feel. Hope you stay strong.

Reply to Me too