Posted by: moi | 2009-04-02

Couples Counselling

Hi there,my partner and I have agreed to couples counselling,we have been going through a lot in the last couple of weeks and we love each other dearly,its just our families do not want us t obe together because they do not like each other,this has been going on for as long as we' ve been together.We have been pretending it wasn' t happening in the past,not really discussing it but in the end it' s starting to take its toll on our love life.I blame him for what happens with my family ,and he has recently admitted that all the arguments and fights have also been influenced by the pressure his family has been putting on me,we broke up a month back,but ended up finding calling each other back,much to the disapproval of our families.We have been trying to block out their issues,but clearly we need help to re-connect to each other.We don' t have medical aid,and I have been calling Famsa for 2 days now no response,I have also sent an e mail and still no response,what other cheaper alternatives are available for us?

Excellent idea, the counselling. I'm amazed that FAMSA hasn't answered the phone or responded to an e-mail. YOu can tell them, when you get through, that I'll stop recommending them unless the buck up. Do you have a GP who might be able to recommend a suitable counsellor ? Maybe your local Lifeline knows of some.

Posted by: Hunni Bunni | 2009-04-02

You dont say why your respective families dont like you to be together, is it a racial or religious problem? Also, how old are you and your bf?

Reply to Hunni Bunni