Question
Posted by: Annon | 2010-10-05

Couples Counseling

Does anyone know where i can find a manual to work through at home with a partner regarding counciling. There was cheating and lies and im in serious need of assistance.

It''s so expensive to go see someone. R6000 for 4 x 2 hours...

Please if anyone knows?

I'm surprised at the cost you're quoting, as I've never earned that much, that quickly, in my life !
Have you checked with FAMSA, who should surely be able to recommend a good counsellor in your area that would not cost so much ? I don' know of a good book I could recommend, of the sort you ask about, and wish I did know of one to recommend

3
Posted by: Rick | 2010-10-05

Why dont you investigate the Love Dare and the book/movie Fireproof.

There is a lady called Noles on the marriage support forum who has been in the same position as you and she has tried the Love Dare with positive results.

Remember that with councelling or with any type of councelling, you BOTH have to be committed 200% otherwise it wont work.

My ex wife and I tried it for a while at various times in our marriage, it never worked as she was not committed, I was, so therefore it failed.

good luck

Reply to Rick
Posted by: Liza | 2010-10-05

You could also try Procare - just go to their website - www dot procare dot co dot za.

I agree that R6000 for 4 2hr sessions is so ridiculous that I wonder where you got the quote? There are multiple MUCH cheaper options out there.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza