Question
Posted by: Angie | 2012/03/19

Counselor

Hi Doc,

Could you advise where my husband and I can see a counselor in Cape Town (Northern Suburds / Goodwood) that isn''t too pricey.
We are having issues with my in-laws and feel we need to chat with someone who is not emotionally tied to us for advice and opinions.
Can''t belive how much pressure two people can put on a relationship - I would actually divorce him because of he''s parents.
They walk all over us, and he is a people pleasing push-over, so I just feel I don''t have a chance...

It is impossible for me ( or anyone ) to keep track of the whereabouts of the nation's shrinks and counsellors, let alone their quality and prices.
You are, though, describing the sort of marriage problems that can usually be usefully helped by a marriage counsellor, and fortunately there is a national organization, FAMSA ( which should be in your phone book ) which DOES keep track of many family counsellors and their whereabouts, and, I think, even current prices - so contact them

2
Posted by: Maria | 2012/03/19

You can try FAMSA

Reply to Maria