Question
Posted by: johnny | 2010-06-24

counselling after detox

hi. I have been out of rehab for 4 months and I am really struggling with stresses at work. Also I keep gettin reminded of heroin and that makes me want to smoke it again. The psychologist that I have been seeing since entering rehab, is not much help. When we have a session it revolves around small talk..and then my hour is over. I do not feel that I am benefitting from it. Isn''t he supposed to teach me some coping skills for stressful situations, how I can get myself to stop thinking about heroin? I feel that I am waisting my time with him, should I find another psychologist?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Johnny

It sounds as though you are really struggling and that your addiction to heroin is threatening to make your life completely unmanageable again. Given that you were in rehab 4 months ago and that you are constantly being reminded of heroin in your daily life my initial assessment is that you require further treatment. It also appears as if you are struggling to form a connection with the psychologist who you are currently seeing.

Please contact Harmony Addictions Clinic on 0217907779 and speak to the Clinical Director, Ruby, or any of the treatment team members so that we can set up a time for an assessment and get you the help you need as soon as possible.

1
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010-06-30

Dear Johnny

Reply to Addictions expert forum