Question
Posted by: Urgent | 2009/07/20

Counseling

I need to arrange relationship counseling for myself and my live in partner. We have been staying together for three years and we have got a daughter together, so the reason I want to arrange this counseling is because since we started with this relationship he is always abusive and he sometimes beat me up and I love him to pieces whereby I don’ t want to see us separated, he always accused and suspect me of cheating him, and when we speak about this he always tells me that he will never trust me, I think he was previously cheated.
Could you please advice me where we can go for counseling, I live in the West Rand near Soweto.

As it i neither practical nor desirable for us to recommend specific shrinks on this site, I generally suggest that you contact your nearest branch of the national organization FAMSA which can usually recommend several good marriage and family counsellors near you.
But why are you so fiercely in love with an abuser who beats you up and mistrusts you unfairly ? Has he really agreed to see a counsellor with you ?

3
Posted by: Urgent | 2009/07/20

Haven' t spoken to him about counseling yet, i just came to my mind that if we can go for counseling it might help.

Reply to Urgent
Posted by: Urgent | 2009/07/20

Thanks Doll

Reply to Urgent
Posted by: Leila | 2009/07/20

Contact FAMSA they offer counselling. Look them up on the internet.

Good Luck

Reply to Leila