Posted by: Nic | 2013-01-25

Couldnt breathe -

Hi doc, yesterday I ran and jumped into the pool and knew immediately that I had to come up for air. As I did so, I literally couldnt breathe. I knew I had to get to the side so I didnt use up any energy. My husband pulled me out and I realised my throat was closed (it had nothing at all to do with my chest or lungs) and I was breathing almost through a very small gap and making the most gastly noice with it (my kids were really scared). I thought I had winded myself, put my hands above my head and calmed myself as I thought this would stop my heart from racing so fast and making my breathing even more difficult. After about half a minute to a minute I was absolutely fine again. It scared me so I ran back to the house and did 10 push ups to see if it had anything to do with energy and my lungs and to see if I could bring it on again, but I was fine and it didnt happen again. I vaguely remember sniffing water up my nose when I jumped in the pool and my husband suggested there is a reaction that the body has that prevents drowing and the throat closes - do you think this is possible ?? I do smoke and I must tell you that if that is what asthma, lung cancer or emphysema feels like, I am now so determined to give up.

Your symptoms can in fact be from sniffing water through the nose, leading to a transient spasm of the airway. It is also possible that the shock of the body suddenly submerged in the water, caused your symptoms.

Posted by: Bhavesh | 2013-02-11

Using numbers such as 555 gaeauntre that no one playing the game or watching the move/show will end up calling an actual person if they try to dial the number. Wouldn''t you be a little upset if your number was in a movie and random people started calling you?

Reply to Bhavesh